Never, as it hasn't been invented yet in his time, but I imagine if he discovered them, he'd likely smoke cigarettes.
Likes the occasional glass of wine or beer (he's German), but rarely drinks to excess, as he considers this a weakness.
Sometimes chews on poppy seeds as a painkiller, when he can't sleep (nerve damage in a highly sensitive area will do that...)
What genre of movie or books do they prefer?
Treatises on dark magick, and I suspect he likes poetry, though he won't let on about it.
What is their sexuality?
He's giving me a vibe that he was somewhat bi, but after the self-castration incident, he's been largely celibate. Would likely be a BDSM switch-hitter, if he was introduced to it -- might be a bad idea, as I suspect he'd think safe-words are for sissies.
Do they like animals? (Or do animals like them?)
Likes dogs, but they tend to shy away from him: that air of dark magick is a dead giveaway.
1. Was the seventh son in his family and was destined for a monastery, but didn't relish that idea, which was one reason he approached the Brotherhood of the Grail: it seemed a better fit at the time.
2. Enjoyed gardening even as a young man, which his father didn't take too well toward. He considered it unbecoming for a duke's son.
3. Supposedly has faery blood from his mother's side of the family, which contributed to his magical talents
4. Had taken his first temporary vows in the Brotherhood when the incident that led to the self-mutilation happened: he and a few other knights had been in the French Pyranees, bringing the sacraments to a village there when he was caught in bed with a village girl. This was the last straw after a series of similar incidents and some of the knights beat him within an inch of his life.
5. Discovered Kundry during his wanderings after his expulsion: she tried to seduce him, but he didn't take too well to it: still, it gave him an idea for a trap to set for those damned Grail knights....
Do they smoke? (And what? How often?)